Bloodmoon:In Search of the Falmer
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Athellor at the Bar in Raven Rock.
- Travel to Jolgeirr Barrow, southwest of the Altar of Thrond.
- Return the book Fall of the Snow Prince to Athellor.
Talk to the Altmer Athellor at the Bar in Raven Rock to start (you must have finished the Raven Rock quest to start). He will talk to you about a lost race of Elves over a little alcohol. These Elves are known as Falmer or Snow Elves and he will eventually ask to hire you to help him. Accept and you'll get 200 gold up front. Now for the hard part... where to find this evidence?
The Mysterious Snow Elves
You can find proof in the Jolgeirr Barrow, southwest of the Altar of Thrond which is roughly in the center of the Island. Among several items there you will find the Spear of the Snow Prince, an almost complete set of Ancient Steel Armor and a book, the Fall of the Snow Prince.
Take everything, including the book, which is the proof that Athellor wants. The book Fall of the Snow Prince is an account by Lokheim of a glorious battle between Nord and Elf at the foot of the Moesring Mountains, the Snow Prince's death and his unusual burial in this very cave. After reading the book, you'll get a journal entry, then return it to Athellor and receive 800 gold in reward. Fortunately, you can keep all the items you found, except for the book which Athellor takes.
- If you search underneath Lake Fjalding near Thirsk, you will find a corpse with an Old, Wet Note. Reading it will reveal that thieves tried to steal the Snow Prince's armor and weapon from his burial cavern. The deceased's guards managed to drive them off, but the thieves got away with the helmet. The note will lead you to their hideout, the ice cave Frykte.
- After you give the book to Athellor, he says he plans on shortly leaving for Skyrim. If you are an avid book collector, you may wish to take Fall of the Snow Prince back from him. To do this, however, you must either pickpocket it, or kill him and take it from his corpse.
- If you refuse Athellor's quest, his disposition towards you drops by twenty points.
- If you find the barrow and book before receiving the quest (which is likely, given the obscurity of the quest and NPC, the size of Solstheim, and the amount of ground you cover there, looking in barrows in particular), you may never get quest stage 60, and Anthellor may not recognize that you are carrying the book he is looking for. This is fixed by setting quest stage 60 manually, and (if necessary) stage 100 as well. If you have to (or choose to) do the latter, you will not actually get the gold reward, but you'll keep the book.
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.