Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
Tribunal Main Quest: Trueflame Blade
19 February 2011
||Temple, Godsreach, Royal Palace, Bamz-Amschend
- Speak to Almalexia to be told of the Trueflame blade and receive one of the three broken pieces.
- Speak to people around town about craftsman to the told of Yagak gro-Gluk in the Craftsman Hall of Godsreach.
- Speak with Barenziah about the blade and she'll direct you to Karod who will give you the second blade piece.
- Speak with Torasa Aram in the Museum of Artifacts in the Godsreach district. Donate two artifacts and
receive a Dwemer Battle Shield.
- Bring the Battle shield to Yagak who will extract the third blade piece from it.
- Have Yagak forge the three blade pieces into the Trueflame (takes two days).
- Speak with Yagak about enchanting it and be directed to the Bamz-Amschend ruins once again.
- Travel to the Radac's Forge section of the ruins and find the ghost Radac Stungnthumz in front of a large
- Radac will tell you to find Pyroil Tar from the Daedric Shrine of Norenen-dur in the Citadel of Myn Dhrur.
- Return to Radac with the tar to have him enchant the blade.
- Return to Almalexia to complete the quest.
Continue on with the Sotha Sil portion of the main quest
or return to the Main Quest page.
- Speak once again to Lady Almalexia in the Temple who now belives that you are the Nerevarine
(I assume that you'll receive a different message if you haven't finished the Morrowind main quest
or perhaps you won't receive this quest at all). She tells you to story of two blades, Hopesfire
and Trueflame. Hopesfire has been kept safe with the goddess, however its twin blade was lost
at the battle of Red Mountain. The blade was shattered into three pieces, one of which Almalexia
gives to you, and the other two which you much find in order to complete the blade. The goddess
suggests asking around those knowledgable in the city for further guidance in finding the blade
pieces and having them reforged.
- Searching for a Craftsman
- Finding the craftsman to forge the three pieces is relatively easily. Most people will point you
in the direction of Yagak gro-Gluk in the Craftsman Hall of Godsreach. Yagak glady volunteers to
combine the pieces but has no information about the location of the remaining two.
- Searching for the Pieces
- Finding someone who knows about the pieces is difficult, but remember Almalexia's hint a speaking to people you've
used for guidance before. Queen Barenziah is one of those people and directs you to speak with
Karod, Helseth's bodyguard which you defeated earlier in a duel. Indeed, speak with Karod
about the blade pieces and he'll actually give you one which his father handed down to him when he was young.
Note that you must have previously completed the Assassination Plot quests
and duel him, otherwise you won't get anywhere with him (confirmed with the XBox GOTY edition).
- Artifact Museum
- Next, speak with Torasa Aram in the Museum of Artifacts in the Godsreach district. Though she says she
doesn't have the third piece though she does have a shield from the same period which can be part with
if you make some artifact donations to the museum. You will have to donate two artifacts to the
museum and you can read the book lying the on the bench on the South wall of the museum entrance
to see which ones you can donate.
Thats quite the list, unfortunately, you've probably left or sold most of these back on the island of
Vvardenfell or, if you do have any of them, you are most likely using them. With any two donations
you can receive the Dwemer Battle Shield (regular item). Torasa mentions that the spike on the front of the shield
is loose but that most smiths would be able to repair it.
|BiPolar Blade||Bipolar Blade|
|Boots of the Apostle ||boots_apostle_unique|
|Boots of Blinding Speed ||boots of blinding speed[unique]|
|Bow of Shadows||longbow_shadows_unique|
|Cuirass of the Savior's Hide||cuirass_savior_unique|
|Fang of Haynekhtnamet||dagger_fang_unique|
|Dagger of Symmachus||glass dagger_symmachus_unique|
|Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw||helm_bearclaw_unique|
|Ice Blade of the Monarch||claymore_iceblade_unique|
|Mace of Molag Bal||mace of molag bal_unique|
|Mace of Slurring||Mace of Slurring|
|Ring of Phynaster||ring_phynaster_unique|
|Robe of the Lich||robe_lich_unique_x|
|Spear of Bitter Mercy ||spear_mercy_unique|
|Staff of Hasedoki||staff_hasedoki_unique|
|Staff of Magnus||staff_magnus_unique|
(Pre-set at Museum)
|Ten Pace Boots||tenpaceboots|
|Veloth's Judgement||daedric warhammer_ttgd|
Note that when you donate or sell an item to the museum it goes on display and appears on one of those
pedestals. A master thief will have no problems reacquiring artifacts once they are sold or donated (hehe), though
you cannot redonate or sell an item back to her. If you've sold all the artifacts already, see the cheat
section at the bottom of the page for more info.
- Forging the Blade
- Return to Yagak gro-Gluk in the Craftsman Hall of Godsreach with your three items (Odd Dwemer Weapon,
Dwemer Battle Shield, and Broken Dwemer Blade Piece). Talk to him about the Dwemer Battle shield
and he'll seperate the third blade piece from the otherwise regular Dwemer shield. Then talk to him
about forging the blade and he'll take the three broken blade pieces and tell you to come back in
two days. Indeed, after two days he'll give you the finished blade though without any enchantments
on it (he says to see a Dwemer if you want it enchanted). The blade's statistics are:
Chop: 15 to 60
Slash: 40 to 50
Thrust: 3 to 30
- Enchanting the Blade
- Now you have to enchant the blade, as Yagak had mentioned. If you pester Yagak further and ask him
about the talk to a Dwemer topic, he'll suggest that you return to Bamz-Amschend. If you return
to Almalexia at this point, she will tell you to return to the one who forged the blade to get it enchanted.
Follow Yagak's advice and re-enter the Dwemer ruins. You'll want to travel back to Radac's Forge and
find the ghost of Radas Stungnthumz now wandering the middle-East area next to the large robot. Radac will
tell you to return to him some Pyroil Tar in order to enchant the blade. The Tar can be found deep
within the Daedric Shrine of Norenen-dur in the Citadel of Myn Dhrur (or, if you're like me you'll have to
return to town to buy it back from the merchants). There are three Pyroil Tar's that you can find and any
Return to Radac with the Tar and he'll enchant the blade for you.
- One carried by the Dremora Lord Lord Kash, in Norenen-dur, Citadel of Myn Dhrur.
- Two sitting at the bottom of the waterfall in Norenen-dur, the Wailingdelve.
Chop: 20 to 75
Slash: 45 to 60
Thrust: 4 to 40
Cast When Strikes
Fire Damage 30 pts in 1 ft
This is probably one of the better weapons that you can get in the game.
- Return to Almalexia
- Return to Almalexia to receive her congratulations for reforging the blade. Speak with her again to
receive the next quest.
- Artifact Museum Cheats
- If you've already sold all your artifacts to the Museum before this point, you can cheat and steal some back and
donate them in order to continue. I thought you might be able to steal the items back and give them to
her again...but you can't (she doesn't like it, hehe). Open the console and enter the command:
set Torasa Aram.itemname to 0
where itemname is one of the following"
Note that you have to have the artifact in your inventory in order for her to display the topic to donate it.
Includes Contributions from Firfin, Moonduke, Gabe Fisher (for the excellent item table) and Nick.
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Saturday, 19 February 2011, at 09:55:39
and has been accessed
( /morrow/tribunal/quest/trb_trueflame.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.